School Closures or Lesson Cancellations
In case of school closures or lesson cancellations due to weather, any updates will be located on our facebook page. click here
The NCM Renovations Fundraising Campaign
Please see “SUPPORT US” to read about our Renovation Campaign. We are hoping to raise enough funds to cover some much needed renovations at our school.
The NCM Quarterly Newsletters
Click here to read the latest edition of the NCM newsletter!
For Young String, Woodwind, or Brass Instrumentalists,
Pianists and Singers
The Nanaimo Chamber Orchestra will choose one soloist or duo to perform a full concerto or concert piece as part of the NCO performances on Saturday May 30th and Sunday May 31st, 2019. The winner will also receive a prize of $400.00.
- Be 13- 21 years of age as of January 1st, 2020
- Specify a desired concerto or concert piece for solo/duo string, wind or brass instrument, solo piano or solo/duo voice ACCOMPANIED BY STRING ORCHESTRA ONLY. Any entries requiring additional instruments will not be considered.
- Reside in the central Vancouver Island area
- Provide own accompanist for audition
- Must demonstrate a performance level at or above Royal Conservatory grade 7
- 1st STAGE- Applicants’ music choice only- due by December 20th, 2019 or earlier via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2nd STAGE- Upon approval of 1st stage full application is due by February 7th, 2020
- Successful Applicants will be contacted after February 7th, 2020 to arrange audition times
- Auditions will occur on February 16th, 2020
- The selected soloist must be available for Wednesday evening rehearsals and for the performance dates of May 30th and May 31st, 2020.
Application forms and rules are available at:
Nanaimo Conservatory of Music
For more information, contact: